- Become part of a dedicated and passionate team
- Develop your skills working on interesting projects
- Opportunity available in Tauranga and surrounding areas
As a company that covers New Zealand wide they provide job stability and the opportunity for career development. Our client has comprehensive health and safety processes and are always on top of the game.
With their rapid expansion they are currently on the lookout for an EWRB Registered Electrician with supervisory experience to join their streetlight projects team in this 4-month fixed term position. The role being predominantly based out of Tauranga with the opportunity to work in surrounding areas.
About the role:
The role involves being the supervisor of a highly specialised Distribution projects team where you will be in charge of running the teams on the LED streetlight upgrade project.
Here is the opportunity to become part of a dedicated and passionate team, within a supportive working environment. All gear and equipment is provided for the role, and if you are interested in developing your skills there is a wide range of training opportunities.
- Site management on this streetlight project, including but not limited to; delegating tasks, documenting and costing variations and running the construction programme
- Coordinating stage completions and meeting on site requirements
- Implementing new ways of thinking to increase efficiency and quality
- Ensuring the work is completed on time and to a high standard
- Leading teams of line mechanics, electricians and apprentices and helping them develop and up-skill
- Managing on site resources and purchasing materials
- Maintaining and improving on both internal and external relationships
- Ensuring high health and safety standards, and company systems are adhered to
Skills and Experience:
- Need to have experience in a similar management position, and must have a streetlighting background or some streetlight work experience
- Must be a fully qualified, EWRB Registered Electrician or Line Mechanic
- Experience managing teams of up to 10 line mechanics, electricians or apprentices
- Strong customer focus and the ability to manage relationships
- Proven leadership skills and be able to handle high-pressure environments with excellent decision making and time management skills
- Passion to learn and grow within the business
- Must have great attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Strong health and safety background
- Need to be adaptable and open to change and new ideas
- A great sense of humour, able to have a laugh at the end of the day, and gets along well with everyone
- Work for a large company who are stable in their market and growing rapidly
- Great diverse company culture within a supportive working environment where they will always offer opportunities for new training and development
- Join a team where they at the end of the day they like to have a laugh and everyone loves what they do
- Start ASAP, in a role that will mould your career and give you the chance to pass on your skills to others
- Competitive hourly rate and flexible company benefits
- Opportunity to really make this role your own
Does this job sound like you? Apply online today or contact Kate on 027 5888551 to express your interest.