- Work for a well renowned company who really care about their staff
- Opportunity to upskill and learn new things every day
- Competitive salary and great benefits
About the company:
Our client is a residential building company that do things differently from other companies. They are setting the benchmark in their industry, and are aiming to be the leader in their field. They have a reputation for their high health and safety standards, for their highly experienced team, making sure the job is done right every time.
They put their success down to their communication, their passion for the industry, and their team environment in the office. Due to their growing work load they are now looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Quantity Surveyor to assist their business to move forward.
About the role:
You will support the General Manager by providing timely and accurate schedules of costs on a wide variety of residential projects. You will seek to enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Providing timely and accurate schedules of cost, and researching the feasibility of suppliers and products
- Contract and variation pricing, ensuring contract documentation is kept up to date
- Coordinate materials in liaison with the rest of the team
- Assist with tendering and contract documentation
- Maintaining and building on both internal and external relationships
- Development and implementing change to improve systems
Skills and Experience
- A degree qualified Quantity Surveyor, with over 3-4 years work experience
- Must have a strong construction background
- Be efficient in document and system management
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Team player, and someone who gets along well with everyone
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in estimating labour, materials, trades quotes and with identifying risks
- Competent using cost estimating software and project management systems
- Solid understanding of the Construction Act 2002, and high health and safety standards
Does this job sound like you? Apply online today or contact Kate on 027 5888551 for a confidential discussion.