We have a rare, great permanent opportunity for the right (experienced) candidate to join our client's warm and knowledgeable team, and further develop in the electronic security industry as an
Electronic Security Technician
This role would be great for someone that has
- Made it to a 3rd or 4th year of their electrical apprenticeship, that has decided to change and further specialise
- Ideally, brings prior experience in the Electronic Security industry, preferably topped up with at least a Level 3 Electrical Engineering (NZQA)
- Has the drive to pursue a long-term career in the electronic security industry
- A clean criminal record: ability to pass a very thorough security check
- Full and clean New Zealand class 1 drivers license
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, high standards of Health & Safety.
- You must be able to interact with customers and clients in a professional manner
- Willingness and availability to work a call-out roster once every 5 weeks.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Installation and programming of new alarm equipment and upgrades.
- Planned routine maintenance on security systems.
- Reactive service work and repairs, which includes working a call-out roster 1 week every 5 week.
- Offer top-quality service to customers.
What you'll get in return:
- This is an exciting permanent opportunity, to be part of one of the longest established, growing and best security integrators in New Zealand.
- A friendly, both team- and family orientated, and safe work environment.
- A competitive package will be offered to the right candidate, including work vehicle and cell phone.
- You will receive on-going personal development in the form of training.
About our client
Our client is one of the leading regional, Kiwi owned and well-known electronic security companies. They develop and install solutions for electronic security by integrating access control, intruder detection, and closed circuit television (CCTV) systems. They are big and established enough to have earnt a lot of respect from their customers, but still small enough to have a fantastic, personable team culture and family values.
Our client has a solid ring of clients with a mix of private homeowners and commercial businesses. They are well established, well known and well respected in the wider region for several decades.
If you have the above experience, you enjoy working in an successful team environment, value a team that is supportive and collaborative with your life, we look forward to discussing this opportunity further with you!
If you are interested in having a no-obligation conversation about this amazing opportunity, please call Daan Heeneman on 027 299 2515 or apply now and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.