- Work for a fast paced, rapidly growing company with interesting projects in the pipeline
- Opportunity to upskill and learn new things every day
- Competitive salary and great benefits
Our client is an innovative and forward-thinking electrical company who cover a wide range of sectors, including residential, commercial, and industrial as well as electrical servicing and maintenance works. They pride themselves on their customer service that goes above and beyond the call of duty, and the ability to provide solutions to every problem they face.
They have a reputation for their high health and safety standards, and for providing a top quality service on every job. They put their success down to their strong belief that providing excellent customer service is fundamental to their core values. They are a rapidly growing, fast-paced company who are now in need of an experienced quantity surveyor with a background in the electrical field to join their team.
About the role:
You will support the Project Manager by providing timely and accurate schedules of costs on a wide variety of projects. You will seek to enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Providing timely and accurate schedules of cost, and compilations of tender submissions
- Accurate cost reporting on projects and preparing tender submissions
- Contract and variation pricing, ensuring contract documentation is kept up to date
- Coordinate materials in liaison with the project manager
- Assist in the marketing to both new and existing clients
- Working closely with company staff, subcontractors and clients
Skills and Experience
- A degree qualified Quantity Surveyor, with over 5 years work experience
- Must be able to provide proof of accuracy in estimating
- Be efficient in document and system management
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience in estimating labour, materials, trades quotes and with identifying risks
- Experience in tender preparation and contract administration
- Proven experience working on commercial electrical projects
- Competent using cost estimating software and project management systems
- Good customer service skills, and be able to get along with a wide range of people
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and able to work unsupervised as required
Does this job sound like you? Apply online today to express your interest.